Wednesday, October 19, 2005

[random] Writer's cramp

Brain cramp, that is. You see, I've got a bunch of essays sitting in my blogger dashboard as drafts: a piece on decentralized information processing/decision-making (think Wisdom of Crowds), something on science education in the US today, a long-ish philisophical rant about a tempest in the teapot that is the video game community, an observation about the pace of technology and society. Drafts. All of them. Oh, and just to keep a balance in my life, this is cramping my fiction on slow memory leak, which has a bunch of stalled-out pieces. I even have a half-written essay on monsters and society waiting to be posted to The Myster of the Haunted Vampire as well. For now, they sit lumpen and lifeless, half-formed clay homunculi waiting for the rabbi to place truth on their foreheads. My ideas are outpacing my abilities, and dammit, I don't like it. Eh. It's frustrating, but I'll deal... It isn't like I'm depending upon this for my income or anything, which is a Good Thing. So until my expository writing gets back up to snuff, atrophied as it is by years of coding and memo writing (fortunately of late, far more of the former than the latter, but still quite fatal for creative writing), I'm afraid you'll have to make do with a diet that consists of irregularly regurgitated bits and snippets of the content of others mixed with the occasional larger free-form nugget of extemporaneous ranting. I'm sure Jakob Nielsen wouldn't approve, but I'll just have to live with that disappointment too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home