Monday, April 17, 2006

[random] Filed under "Better late than never"

Okay, this has not demonstrated the best blogging behavior on my part, that's for sure. The latest rumblings of war in particular have had me quite down, and it's been far easier to participate in the forums of others than to put my own thoughts down on pixels. Coupled with an uptick in work stuff (mumble mumble bugs mumble mine mumble stupid build error mumble) and more effort than I'd expected in working on another online project (it's supposed to be fun, dammit!), I've really only been interested in catching up on some reading or parking my arse in front of the TV. That said, I think this week should be better... So by way of getting the ball rolling again, over a week ago I was tagged with this misnamed-as-7-but-really-10 questions thingie. This has been sitting in draft form pretty much since then, so here it is:
  • What is your favorite word? Currently, it might be 'parse'... <whine>But there are so many from which to choose...</whine>
  • What is your least favorite word? No question about it: deadline.
  • What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Boy... This is a little too complicated to distill down to one or two things. Creative inspiration I find in lots of places, and emotionally, well, let us never speak of this again. ;-) I don't do the whole spirituality thing at all, but for something that comes closest to touching on all three areas I'd probably have to go with Nature.
  • What turns you off? Willful ignorance.
  • What is your favorite curse word? 12 letters, begins with an 'm', rhymes with 'futhermucker'. Though 'bollocks' is probably in more common use.
  • What sound or noise do you love? The ring of hammer on anvil.
  • What sound or noise do you hate? Talk radio, political or otherwise.
  • What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? See 2 items up re: 'sound or noise you love'.
  • What profession would you not like to do? Anything involving poop. Or other people's kids. Or other people's kids' poop.
  • If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Sorry - lots got lost in translation. Oh, and yeah: I do have a sick sense of humor.
  • Anyone else who wants to play, feel free...

    5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for answering the tag!

    Hammer and anvil...that would be an interesting job.

    4/17/2006 03:46:00 PM  
    Blogger teh l4m3 said...

    BTW, thanks for catching my amazon wish list boo-boo. Sorry for the stupid mix up.

    HI!

    4/19/2006 08:00:00 AM  
    Blogger protected static said...

    I thought it was funny, myself... It took me a couple of beats when I clicked on the link to realize that I was, in fact, looking at my own wishlist.

    "Hey! I want that book, too! How peculiar! Oh... Wait... Never mind."

    Thanks for stopping by!

    4/19/2006 08:06:00 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's what I meant to ask the other day, re: hammer and anvil...

    Smithy or armorer?

    4/19/2006 03:56:00 PM  
    Blogger protected static said...

    There's a post forthcoming... It's just taken me longer to pull together than I expected ;-)

    4/19/2006 08:09:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home