Saturday, May 21, 2005

[random] That time of year.

For the last couple of weeks, we've had a raven crowing at us incessantly every time we've stepped out onto our front porch. Late last week, I watched it chase two fat raccoons through our backyard, not letting up until they were a block away - one trickster to another, right? And this past week, we had our front steps worked on by this Russian carpenter with a very dry sense of humor: "Ah... I see my assistant is already here...". I was afraid he was going to add a noise-hazard premium. Well, today our suspicions were confirmed: this morning there was a fledgling raven sitting on our front porch. Blinking at us (no fear - not that it would have done it any good), waiting to see what happened next, Mom verbally abusing us the entire while. So far, it looks promising: this evening, I heard Mom cursing out someone up the block. Junior has achieved lift-off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home