Tuesday, December 06, 2005

[politics] Oh, silly me!

I'm just easily confused!
“The Bush administration policy is against torture of any kind; it’s prohibited by federal criminal law,” said John Yoo, a University of California-Berkeley, law professor. As a Justice Department lawyer, he helped write internal memos in 2002 designed to give the government more leeway in aggressive questioning of terrorist suspects. “The debate is whether you can use interrogation methods that are short of torture,” he said. “Some who have been critical of the Bush administration have confused torture with cruel, inhumane treatment.”
Gosh! Who knew that institutionalized crule and inhumane treatment didn't constitute torture? Not me! Evidently, this makes me 'confused'. Yoo's gem is from the same article mentioned in my previous post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home