Monday, January 23, 2006

[random] Field observation: why I could never be a teacher

The lions of the Serengeti ain't got nuthin' on a room of kindergarteners in the presence of a substitute teacher. Fear? Weakness? Uncertainty? Blam! They're on it, teeth sunk in deep, claws raking, head shaking to tear off chunks of steaming flesh. It wasn't pretty. Me, I think her mistake was not responding to them like Ash in Army of Darkness:
Now listen up, you primitive screwheads. See this? This... is my boomstick!
This is why I will never be a teacher.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my. Sounds like my lone encounter with an 8th grade science class as a sub. I think at one point in the day I grabbed somebody's drumsticks and broke them. Always liked kindergarteners, though.

1/24/2006 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger protected static said...

Middle school... there're some special years...

I can't get on too high of a horse - when I was in 7th grade, we drove a novice French teacher to quit halfway through the year. The smell of weakness, I tell ya'.

Still, the transformation of The Boy's kindergarten class (The Boy included) was something to behold - it definitely caught me off guard.

1/24/2006 11:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home