Tuesday, January 31, 2006

[politics] One less voice

The Liquid List has a post up with a great quote to mark the passing today of Coretta Scott King. I'll try to reproduce it here, at some risk of kicking Fair Use squarely in the cods:
Dr. King said of his wife, in an interview in 1967 that, [...] "I must admit---I wish I could say--to satisfy my masculine ego, that I led her down this path [of economic and racial activism]; but I must say we went down together, because she was as actively involved and concerned when we met as she is now."
In her own words, "Struggle is a never ending process. Freedom is never really won. You earn it and win it in every generation." * * Can't find a primary source for this quote - it's widely attributed to her online, but the bulk of the citations that Google finds are from term-paper mills, and I ain't gonna link to those...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home